Monday, December 10, 2012

Who am I?

Who am I?

Two! Four! Six! Ohhh, wait, this isn’t a musical.

I’m Daniel Sherrier. I write stuff real good. There’s even evidence.

Team Venture Productions decided to perform my full-length play, SUPER!, in Chicago’s Gorilla Tango Theatre in 2008.

Blowout Theatre included my short play, “Sweet Dreams,” in their inaugural Night of One-Acts in 2011.

Chameleon Theatre Circle’s New Play Contest decided my children’s play, “The Numerous Numbers and the Magical Plus Sign,” was fit to win Best Play in the Theatre for Youth category in 2006. They even gave it a staged reading in Minnesota, which means I’ve been performed in Minnesota even though I’ve never stepped foot in Minnesota.

My television pilot script SELFLESS earned me a spot in the 2011 Taliesin Nexus Filmmakers Workshop in Los Angeles.

Another television pilot script of mine, RIP, was a semifinalist in the 2011 PAGE International Screenwriting Competition, so it ranked somewhere between 11th and 25th out of 313 or so entries in its category.

RIP was also a finalist in the TVWriter.com People’s Pilot competition in 2010, and a television concept, THE NEW WORLD, achieved the same distinction in the same contest in 2006.

I also have a collection of Virginia Press Association awards. Last year, I came in third place in my division for Column Writing. I was even placed on the Virginia School Board Association’s Media Honor Roll in 2010.

So why brag? Because I have e-books coming out soon!

I’ll be launching a series of episodic novellas in the near future. The first book is currently being formatted, and then it will be sent off to your favorite digital bookstores.

It will be low in price, high in fun, and loaded with the daily recommended value of science fiction excitement.

So, look for EARTHS IN SPACE vol. 1: Where Are the Little Green Men? -- coming soon to an electronic device near you!

I shall tease it in the next post, and later I’ll post an excerpt, which makes this a tease of a tease of a tease.

What else can you expect on this blog? General randomness. Maybe some columns. Definitely plenty of shameless self-promotion. But I’ll make sure to plug other good stuff I come across, too.

Welcome. Now don’t go anywhere, unless it’s to Facebook, where you should like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment